Divorce and Family Law: Child Support

In any divorce or paternity case if there is a minor child, then the non-custodial parent has to pay the other parent child support. The purpose of child support is literally what it says, it is to help support the child.

The amount of Child Support owed is mostly determined through the Child Support Worksheet. The income of two parties is put into two columns, then they are given credit for the amounts they spend on the child for items such as daycare or health insurance. At the end of the process, a number is generated, stating the amount the non-custodial parent must pay to the other parent for Child Support.

A number of problems can come up in figuring out the amount of Child Support. Sometimes a party may hide or under report income, or they may not pay at all. I can help you with your child support problems and make sure that you are either paying the correct amount or getting the correct amount of Child Support.

If you need to have the amount of Child Support changed, then please see the page on Child Support Modification and Adjustment.

If you need help with your Child Support issue, then give me a call to set up a free half hour consultation.


Copyright © 2008 Law Offices of Jeffrey N. Rupert - Legal Disclaimer